Monday, February 1, 2010

Outside the Cottage

I used a mix of burnt umber and burnt sienna oil paint and liquin glaze on the walls. It turned out more brown than I had espected, even though I wiped off the excess paint. But it does look more like an old cottage now I think.



I have built a stone wall in the garden, and I am working on the rest of it. I want it to go all around the garden, with an opening at the end of the path that leads up to the door. I am using real stone glued to a piece of wood, with mortar in between. Needless to say, this house just keeps getting heavier and heavier!



4 comments:

  1. Ser kjempefin ut synes jeg!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really authentic and I love your little wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nydelig steinarbeid i muren! Liker også godt den lille slyngede stien.

    ReplyDelete